The 2nd Rose Charities Canada Project Forum was held at the Creekside ‘Olympic Village’ Community Centre in Vancouver last week. It attracted around 80 people consisting of those with close Rose involvement to those just curious to know more about Rose projects. There was a pot-luck dinner which resulted in a groaning table of delicious food and drinks.
Each Rose project gave a short presentation on what they have accomplished this year and everyone had lots of time to network within groups.
|Rachel Greene (Rose Charities NY)
presents on Social Networking
Special guests were Rachel Greene and Clare Seekins of Rose Charities USA, who presented the work of Rose Charities NY with their digital art program for reservation youth in Idaho, as well as a talk on social media.
Presentations consisted of ..
- Rose Charities Canada Admin (Maggie Francis, Josephine de Freitas) https://rosecharities.ca
- Rose Charities USA project (Idaho First Nation Youth Project) and Social Networking (Rachel Greene, Clare Seekins – both Rose Charities USA) http://rosecharities.us
- Mayan Project (Education) (Dr Ellen Coburn) http://www.mayanproject.org
- Safe Motherhood Guatamala (Annette Borkent) http://www.safemotherhoodproject.org
- Malambo Grassroots (Jocelyn Banyard) http://malambograssroots.ca
- Rose Charities in Haiti (Linda Warner) http://rosehaiti.info
- Brighter Smiles Uganda (Drea Burbank) http://africanhearts.ca
- Rose Charities Vietnam (Louis Lap Nguyen) http://www.rosevietnam.org
- Education Generation (Mila Lukic ) http://www.educationgeneration.org
- Rose Charities Cambodia (Dr Will Grut) http://rosecambodia.org
- Volset Uganda (Roger Huyghe)
- Stand Tall Education Uganda (Nicole Schouela) http://www.standtalleducation.org
- Hands up for Africa Kenya (Colin Harivel) http://www.handsupforafrica.org
- Rose Madagascar (Dr Emma Noble/Luke King) http://rosemadagascar.squarespace.com